Monday, December 15, 2008

All you can E A T sushi



There was this sushi bar that we often passed by on the way to...where ever. It's in this little corner mall that most people would often over look, except for the fact that there's this big red sign that says "SUSHIYA". Every time I drive by, only one thought comes to mind..."no thanks!" Over the weekend, Mary Ann had this craving for sushi. After checking on the net, she discovered that this place serves "all you can eat sushi." I don't really know why we went. Our experience with "all you can eat" sushi has been iffy at best. It must have been our spirit of adventure. We decided to give this sushi bar a try. As we rolled in to the parking lot, I thought to myself..."we're in trouble". From the outside, it appeared smaller than the donut shop next to it. A dive sushi bar is the first thing that came to my head. But when a little Japanese lady, half my height greeted us at the door and all the chefs yelled out "irasshia!!!", I was hooked. MA ordered a few varieties of sushi. I started with a Kirin on tap. I didn't really know what sushi I wanted, just something big, so I order the Baked Scallop on Cali Roll and a Tiger Roll. I wanted more, but the chef stopped me, wasn't exactly sure what he said, but I think it was a warning that I should make sure I could eat what I just ordered first. When the order arrived, I knew what he meant. The rolls were huge. The beer and sushi were fantastic. The highlight of the night, however, had to be the Bacardi Roll- the description was Crazy Roll on Fire! Have you ever seen sushi on fire? It was awesome.

BSCR


Tiger Roll


The Bacardi

3 comments:

richtuzon said...

wow-wee Bro. Where is this place...I don't like to check out your blog when I'm hungry. Now I'm starving.

let's go eat! Tabemashou!!!!!

Tanner said...

That fire sushi is AWESOME!! Let's EAT!!!

Bobbi said...

Aha! Larry is eating again. I was starting to worry.