Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Aussie Eat Spicy Food

Our second day in Sydney is another full day of activity. So by the end of the day we were famished. We thought the quickest eat we could get was probably back in Darling Harbour. We decided on Crinitis, Southern Italian cuisine. I think it was the seafood listing that pushed us over.


When we walked in, this place reminded me of Santori restaurant in Pasadena, until the music started blasting, then it reminded me of a night club. But then I looked up and there were flat screen TVs everywhere with the sports channel on. You kinda forget it's an Italian restaurant.
MA ordered seafood with pink sauce. We forgot what it was, actually. I remember she wanted something on the menu then changed it from marinara to rosa sauce, then she wanted the thinnest pasta they have. I think she's going for something she likes to order at Carmine's in South Pas. Not quite like it, but it was pretty good. Which is nice, since that makes it something unique.

For my dish, it was Risotto Pescado, with the spicy option. Now this was a surprise. Spicy Risotto. And not just a "tad spicy", but the "full on spicy." I didn't know the Sydneysiders eat spicy food. Look at the size of that chili! Of course, not only was it spicy, it was really a good Risotto too...mmmm (ala Homer Simpson).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.